2 Juicing Recipes For Energy And Other Natural Ways To Increase Energy And Stamina
Do you often feel drained and washed out, due to all the daily demands and stresses in your life?
What can you do to get more energy naturally? Can specific nutrients help you with energy, stamina and vitality?
What role can juicing play in this?
You are probably well aware of the basic 'rules' for maintaining an adequate energy level, but you may simply not get around to paying attention to all of these during a typical hectic day.
Unfortunately you can pay quite a price for this! What are these basics? I call this the 'Fortifying Five Formula'!
Rika's Fortifying Five Formula
- Eat a variety of wholesome, nutrient-rich foods (juicing helps with this)
- Get enough exercise
- Drink enough water and hydrate yourself properly after exercise (again, juicing can help you here)
- Get enough sleep (crucial!)
- Find (make!) time for relaxation and stress release every single day
(NEXT RECIPE AFTER THIS MESSAGE)
Types of foods to choose for more energy
- Lean animal protein
- Whole grains
Types of foods that can drain energy
- Processed foods
- Baked goods made with refined flour
- Fatty foods
- Fried junk foods
- Sugar-rich sweets
- Rich desserts
- Salty snack foods
Also on your to 'do' and to 'don't' list:
1. Do eat a healthy, wholesome breakfast
Don't think you are on a calorie 'saving' spree if you skip breakfast. Research has shown that folks who don't eat breakfast are far more likely to grab something fatty or sweet a bit later to dull those hunger pangs or to overeat at mealtimes later in the day. Give you body the right kind of fuel early in the morning, to help you to be alert and energized.
2. Don't go on a fad diet!
If you don't get enough calories during the day or the right kind of calories, you can't expect your body to have the fuel to give you energy and stamina! You won't expect your car to run on empty, would you? Why ask this of your body? Focus on giving your body a good supply of healthy, nutrient-rich foods, not on depriving yourself.
3. Do make sure that you include some healthy fats
Many folks who are aiming to lose weight, avoid any sign of fat or oil in their diets. Do you also step into the trap of seeing fat as 'all bad'? That's simply not true. Your body absolutely needs healthy fats to remain healthy and to function optimally. Choose from these:
- Fatty fish (including salmon, tuna, sardines, mackerel, trout)
- Natural peanut butter
- Olive oil
- Coconut oil
- Seeds (sunflower, flax, pumpkin, hemp)
- Nut oils and nut butters
- A square or two of good quality dark chocolate!
4. Don't go overboard with caffeine
Caffeine may give you a quick boost for a little while, but this won't be a boost with staying power. Most store bought energy drinks are loaded with caffeine. Carefully check out the list of ingredients to make sure you don't fall for this! A nutrient-rich juice can do much more for your body, offering real nourishment and a lasting energy boost.
5. Do target the most colorful fruits and vegetables you can find
A general rule you can keep in mind: As you will see from the lists given here, the energy-creating foods are usually one-ingredient foods in their natural, wholesome state. The energy-draining foods are mostly multiple-ingredient foods in an unnatural state. Let it become second nature to look at the label before buying something and teach your kids to do the same as soon as they can read.
If a label comes with a long list of unpronounceable ingredients, avoid it. Rather choose something simple and recognizable!
By limiting or reducing free radicals in your body, you can help to lower the stress level your body will experience from the inside out. This can go a long way towards reducing fatigue. To do this, target the most colorful fruits and vegetables. These are the richest in free radical-fighting antioxidants.
Make sure you cover the whole color spectrum, including blue/purple, dark green, red, orange/yellow and white fruits and vegetables. Rotate the goodies you have in your kitchen, so that you eat or juice as wide a variety of fresh produce as possible.
The fruits and vegetables listed below are all superb for boosting your energy and stamina naturally. These are all good sources of nutrients such as the vitamin B-complex group, vitamin C, beta-carotene, vitamin E, their chlorophyll content, iron, minerals and a variety of other antioxidants.
- Leafy greens
- Bell peppers
- Romaine lettuce
- Collard greens
- Sweet potatoes
- Kiwi fruit
When it comes to generating energy, kiwi fruit can be really helpful. Each green gem gives you double the vitamin C of one orange! Toss these into your juicer whenever you can, together with a variety of other goodies.
On a side note...
CLICK HERE to download '5 Veggies That Burn Fat Fast' for free!
- THIS veggie can reduce cravings by up to 95%... (p18)
- Why THESE veggies can affect fat cell size... (p12)
- Better calorie control with THIS veggie... (p24)
- Activate 'brown fat' with these... (p26)
Juicing Recipes For Energy
Stamina Enhancing Juice
1 Medium beet
2 Stalks or ribs of celery
Handful baby spinach leaves
1/4 Cup fresh parsley, or according to taste
1. Discard carrot and beet greens
2. Wash all the ingredients
3. Trim carrot ends
4. Trim beet ends and cut into chunks
5. Quarter apples and pear. Don't peel, but discard seeds
6. Roll spinach into balls for juicing
7. Juice, adding the spinach balls with the carrots and beet
2 Cups firm blueberries
Energy And Brain Boosting Brew
1 Red Apple
1 Sweet potato or yam
2 Thick slices pineapple (wash before cutting)
2 Kiwi fruit
1. Wash the ingredients
2. Remove stray stems or leaves from berries
3. Quarter apple and pear. Don't peel, but discard seeds
4. Peel sweet potato if you prefer. Cut into chunks
5. Peel pineapple, discarding skin
6. Peel kiwi fruit thinly, discarding skin
7. Run everything through your juicer. Always alternate soft and hard produce
8. Pour over crushed ice and serve
I hope that you now have an arsenal of natural ways to increase energy and stamina. The juicing recipes are a good place to start to tackle that body and mind boost you are looking for!
> From the juicing for health desk of Rika Susan