2 Healthy Smoothie And 3 Yummy Juicing For Weight Loss Recipes!
Is juicing for weight loss helpful? You bet! I have already shared some of the 'how to's' of juicing for weight loss with you. Perhaps you have already tasted the first 3 delicious juicing for weight loss recipes!
Now you can juice up your weight loss efforts even further with 5 new recipes. Two of these are for yummy, healthy smoothies.
Before we get to the recipes, let's recap. Of course you and I can't expect the nutrient-rich juice flowing from a juicer's spout to magically melt away the extra pounds! It will still take smart food choices and extra exercise to make that happen. However, doesn't juicing for weight loss sound way better and healthier than a boring water detox?
Remember that the whole idea is to shift your focus from weight loss as such, to healthier living in general. The best way to a new healthier and streamlined 'you' is to see juicing for weight loss as just another tool in your nutrition arsenal. A healthier eating program overall is something you can stick to for life!
(CONTINUED AFTER THIS MESSAGE)
Join My More Than
10 000 Juicing Friends
Right Now To Get:
"I was very pleased with the quick response from Rika and her extensive knowledge about greens and how to make good tasting juices. I look forward to visiting the site in the future as I juice my way to good health."
- Your FREE copy of '7 Seriously Nutritious Juice Recipes'
- FREE healthy nutrition tips and news
- FREE weight loss help
- FREE exclusive notice each time I publish a new article
- Gail S
How Can Juicing For Weight Loss Recipes Help?
- These add micro-nutrients with specific health benefits at a very low calorie cost. Just imagine how rich in vitamins, minerals and enzymes the juice cocktails are! They can help your body with optimal functioning.
- The juice can act as a healthy, harmless appetite suppressant and craving curber, and is therefore invaluable in any diet and nutrition program. While juicing for weight loss, try drinking a glass of fresh juice before your main meal, and experience a rapid decrease in appetite.
- Vegetable juice recipes may help to stabilize blood sugar levels, a vital factor in diet and nutrition. It has much less sugar than fruit juices and about 50% less calories, yet it will satisfy that sweet tooth every time.
- The juices are fat free.
Is It Expensive To Get Started With Juicing For Weight Loss?
You don't need to spend a fortune on a fruit and vegetable juicer, if you don't want to. If you are a purist, you may prefer something like a top-of-the-line Norwalk Juicer. However, you can also set the bar much lower if your budget is limited.
With a relatively inexpensive centrifugal ejection fruit and vegetable juicer, such as a Breville Juice Fountain 800JEXL, you can have the goodness of a glass of fresh juice within seconds. Your body will revel in the instant nutrient boost that promotes cleansing and healing. This is truly juicing for health and vitality. Best of all, these extractors are easy to clean. It literally takes me only 8 or 9 minutes to juice for one person, from the time I take the veggies from the fridge, to having the juicer rinsed off after use!
The advantage of choosing a masticating juicer such as the Omega 8005 fruit and vegetable juicer, or the Champion Juicer 2000, is that you will add to the benefits of juicing by being able to make a host of other fresh, tempting, low calorie delicacies (cereals, fruit sauces, frozen desserts, etc.). This will make the road to a healthier body that much easier.
If you will be juicing for one person only, a small juicer may be all you need.
One word of warning, though. Always make very sure that the motor is robust enough to handle the veggies with ease. I had quite a few burnouts in my kitchen before I made the right choice for our family! For me, the cleaning up time involved is the next most important aspect.
Juicing may help you to manage any ailment you have more effectively. Just remember that you need to discuss juicing with your doctor first if you have any illness, are pregnant or planning a pregnancy, or if you are nursing a baby.
The benefits of juicing include developing a stronger immune system, having more energy and vitality and experiencing improvements in your digestive system. The juice recipes are often also natural home remedies for water retention, especially if you concentrate on fruits and veggies such as cucumber, celery and watermelon.
5 Smoothie And Juicing For Weight Loss Recipes
2 - 3 Cups Watermelon Chunks
Optional for extra flavor: A few mint leaves or a touch of lime juice
Remember that watermelon is low in sodium, cholesterol free and very rich in lycopene (a crucial anti-cancer phytochemical).
- Wash the apple and cucumber
- Core the apple, but don't peel
- Cut the cucumber in chunks if your juicer is small
- Run all the ingredients through the juicer
This juicing for weight loss recipe is enough for up to 2 glasses.
On a side note...
Did you know that 9 out of 10 folks struggling with weight issues, eat one or more of THESE cereals, known to contribute to excess belly flab? Are you one of them? Find out now in your no-cost ebook, 4 "Healthy" Cereals that make you FAT!
1/2 Medium Cucumber
1 Smallish Beet
4 Medium Carrots (greens discarded)
2 Cabbage Leaves (preferably red cabbage)
- Wash the produce thoroughly
- Peel the beet and cut into chunks
- Roll cabbage into tight balls
- Run produce through juicer - you will get more juice from the cabbage if you juice it with something hard, such as the beet
1 or 2 Asparagus Stalks (start with one and see how you like it)
1 Medium Cucumber
1 Cup Spinach Leaves
3 Celery Stalks Or Ribs
1/2 Ripe Tomato
- Wash all the ingredients thoroughly
- Remove the tough parts of the asparagus stems
- Cut the cucumber into smaller sections if necessary
- Cut the celery into chunks
- Core the apple, but leave the peel on
- Roll the spinach leaves into balls
- Juice. Remember, always go from harder stuff, to soft, to hard in order not to clog your juicer. You will also get more from the spinach if you juice it with the apple, for example.
1/2 cup of fresh or frozen strawberries or other berries
1/4 cup of fresh mango slices
Small, ripe banana
1/2 cup low-fat milk or yogurt (as a once-in-a-while special treat, replace this with ice cream! Yum!)
A sprinkling of ground nuts for a more filling, meal-replacement smoothie
- Wash and trim berries
- Peel banana
- Blend all the ingredients together until smooth. You can also add some ice cubes if you wish.
2 Medium ripe bananas
1 Peach (pitted) if available
2 dried prunes (pitted)
1/2 cup low-fat yogurt
1/2 cup low-fat milk
1 tbsp raw honey
I hope you will enjoy these juicing for weight loss recipes! If you love smoothies as much as I do, you will also enjoy my favorite collection of sensational smoothie recipes.
- Peel bananas
- Cut Peach into halves
- Blend everything together until smooth. You can also add a few ice cubes to the mix.