Top Ten Weight Loss Tips For Women And Men - Losing Weight The Safe, Quick And Easy Way
Tired of pills, potions and fad diets that don't work, but cost a bundle? These top ten weight loss tips for women and men only require little more than common sense and will get you well on the way to losing weight permanently. They are safe, quick and easy to follow. Best of all, if you introduce your kids to these basics, they will never have to get caught in the yo-yo dieting trap. So, let's get started.
1. NEVER, EVER skip breakfast!
Remember that your body has been through a whole night without nourishment and something to rev up your metabolism. Your body will not be in an optimal position to burn fat if you don't feed it. Even if you just grab a handful of nuts and some yogurt on your way out the door, just make sure you eat SOMETHING! If you don't eat breakfast, you are almost sure to binge later in the day, because you will be famished. This is number one in the top ten of great weight loss tips.
2. Try to STOP EATING earlier at night.
Have your last meal or snack about 3 hours before you go to bed. Keep busy in any way you can. Try to distract yourself. Get involved in a hobby. Go for a walk. Anything to take your mind of mindlessly stuffing your face in front of the television. This is one tip that WILL pay off big time if you stick to it. Put a notice on the fridge, saying 'Out Of Bounds After 7pm' or something that will make you think about opening it yet again for a snack. If you must have something, try a piece of fruit or prepare a no-fat glass of veggie juice (Click here for my collegue Mike Geary's unique trick that eliminates cravings for junk food!).
3. Brush your teeth!
The minute you become aware of a craving, grab your toothbrush! Yes, I am not joking! Nothing chases away the munchies like a fresh, minty taste in your mouth. This is a super-easy way to take away the craving for something sweet.
4. Use smaller plates.
We are all wired to fill our plates to the maximum and to eat every last morsel - after all, weren't we all taught not to waste food? By using a smaller plate, you can still have the satisfaction of filling your plate and eating everything on it, while still losing weight.
5. Get MOVING!
Any kind of exercise will boost your metabolism, helping you to burn that fat at a faster clip. Go for bike rides with the kids, take the dog for a walk, beg your partner to go dancing, or put on something with a beat while vacuuming and move those hips. Of course, if you can work with weights and build muscle, your results will be stunning! This is the quickest way to change your shape and the results can easily be long-term if you follow a maintenance program.
The secret behind losing weight is that you should aim to burn more calories during the day than those you are consuming. That's it. No other secret formula. No magic pill. If you can get your mind around that simple sentence and follow through on it, you will be well on your way to the figure you desire!
5 More Quick And Easy Weight Loss Tips For Women And Men
Sounds doable? Of course! With the top ten weight loss tips for women and men as a starting point, you can finally dump those silly diets that just don't work. Isn't it time to give your body a break and do what your common sense tells you to do?
- Drink enough water. If you feel peckish, drink water. We often eat when we are actually just thirsty.
- Cut out all sugar-laden sodas. Replace with water, herbal teas, diluted fruit juice or your own, freshly made veggie juice. If you need new juicing recipes, I always recommend David Alan's excellent Juice Suggester program.
- Eat SLOWLY. It takes up to 20 minutes for your brain to register that your stomach is full.
- Remove the word 'diet' from your vocabulary. Learn about food, start to read labels and aim for a healthy eating plan you and your family can stick to for life.
- Search the internet for lower-calorie substitutes for your favorite foods. You will be amazed by what you will discover and how easy it is to save calories without depriving yourself.